Tuesday, August 18, 2009

JULY - Part II

After the camping trip to Twin Rivers, Spencer and I got ready for another camping trip. Our family campout. Spencer and I spent a week in Utah with my family. The campout was a blast. We worked and played hard. We got some work done for Dad because we all know that many hands makes small work. It would have taken Dad forever to do what we all did in an hour. I was lucky and got a paint job! I'm not as good as Cindy who can walk away from painting without a speck on her. I had green fingernails for a week after and paint all over my back from painting underneath the sleigh. But it was fun. After that we tried Dad's new little boat he got for his pond and went swimming - if that's what you want to call it. It was so cold it was more like just trying to keep yourself a float long enough to get back to the dock before freezing! Dad had a new game for us to play this year called Ride-n-Tie. You have two person teams who switch off running and riding horses. We had four change points, where the rider and runner switch. Melissa and I were a team. I'm sure I held her back. I didn't think I was that out of shape, but I am just going to blame it on the altitude! At least we didn't come in last! We also did a scavenger hunt and pinata, and the infamous human rubber band. We pulled it out and all the little kids wanted to play so we created a way for them to safely play! Spencer loved the horses, four wheelers, and endless dirt and rocks. He did great sleeping in a tent, I was a little nervous about him waking up the whole tent of girls in the middle of the night, but I should have been more nervous about them waking him up coming to bed! He even slept in his own sleeping bag.On the way home from Tabby we stopped to switch drivers and when I got out of the car my phone dropped out of my lap. I heard something fall, but it sounded like a water bottle, so when I looked for it and didn't see it I thought it had rolled away. It wasn't until we got home that I realized it was my phone. Pearl and I drove back up the mountain only to find this: Sad, but at least we made it home! The fun didn't end when we left the campout, Monday night we all went to the Oquirrh Hills temple open house. It was beautiful, Spencer thought it was a little long though. After that we had a girls night. We had a night full of toenail painting, to popcorn with chocolate (yes, chocolate in the popcorn - a new idea Melissa added), and High School Musical II & III. Yep, how much more girly can you get. It was a fun night, it's been about a year since we had all been together. - - Way too long!! - - We spent the rest of the week hanging out with the family, all the cousins, and visiting friends and grandparents. Thursday morning Rebecca, Ben and I woke up early and hiked Bell Canyon. It's a short hike a few minutes from mom's house. It was gorgeous as always, and they loved it. Ben gave me a glimpse of Spencer in a few years, all he wanted to do is climb on all the big rocks! It was a busy week as most vacations always are. We could have stayed longer, but we were very excited to be with Brooks again. So overall we had a GREAT July! And now I'm wondering where the summer went, everything is turning into fall. Which is sad, but we've have some fun plans for fall!!

1 comment:

Mandy | Baking with Blondie said...

Such fun! That horseback riding looks like a blast!