A few weeks ago we went down to Nebraska City to see the Arbor Day Farm and Tree House we'd heard about from several people. It is a nature trail with a bunch of activities and facts along the way. They had different paw prints on the trail to guess what animal it was. Brooks did a lot better than I did. 
Spencer climbed the stairs to the tree house, I don't think he realized what he was getting into when he started! It was no small job, but he made it!
This is the top of the tree house. What a great view!
Spencer loved being able to walk around outside and pick up sticks and rocks.
There was a deer that we kept following through the trees. He'd run away, but a few minutes later we'd come across him again. If you look really close in the picture below there really is a deer!
At the end of the trail there were several activities to do. This waterfall was cool, but it was surrounded by bees. So we moved onto the . .
Blocks!!! We couldn't stack them fast enough for Spencer before he would knock it over.
. . . and the chimes. Spencer definitely has the musical talent, he just needs to get the strength to lift the mallets!
We even got two free trees from the tour, so if anyone wants to plant a tree, we still have them because we have no where to plant them!
On our way home we stopped by Kimmel Orchard to check the price of their peaches. It turns out they were a pretty good price if I picked them myself. So I went and picked peaches while Brooks drove around in the car so we didn't have to wake up Spencer. When we got home I weighed the box and it was a way better deal than I thought I was getting. So for the next week we had Peach Delight, home made peach ice cream, peaches and cream, and we bottled what was left :)


Spencer climbed the stairs to the tree house, I don't think he realized what he was getting into when he started! It was no small job, but he made it!
This is the top of the tree house. What a great view!
Spencer loved being able to walk around outside and pick up sticks and rocks.
There was a deer that we kept following through the trees. He'd run away, but a few minutes later we'd come across him again. If you look really close in the picture below there really is a deer!
At the end of the trail there were several activities to do. This waterfall was cool, but it was surrounded by bees. So we moved onto the . .
Blocks!!! We couldn't stack them fast enough for Spencer before he would knock it over.
. . . and the chimes. Spencer definitely has the musical talent, he just needs to get the strength to lift the mallets!
We even got two free trees from the tour, so if anyone wants to plant a tree, we still have them because we have no where to plant them!
On our way home we stopped by Kimmel Orchard to check the price of their peaches. It turns out they were a pretty good price if I picked them myself. So I went and picked peaches while Brooks drove around in the car so we didn't have to wake up Spencer. When we got home I weighed the box and it was a way better deal than I thought I was getting. So for the next week we had Peach Delight, home made peach ice cream, peaches and cream, and we bottled what was left :)

We had a TON of cucumbers from our garden, and after a couple days we were cucumbered out. So I decided to make pickles out of the rest. We got grandma's recipe and bottled them up. We can't eat them for 6 months, so we won't know how I did for a while! Hopefully they taste just like grandma's!

4 comments:
Spencer looks so big! It's funny that he's into knocking over towers of blocks instead of making them- Cassie too. I hope your pickles turn out!
Wow! look at you all domesticated! :)
Well sounds like you are ding great, good job on the canning, I am a little beind this year. I hope that Mel remembered to give you those pears, those were the first batch I had ever done so hope you like them :)
WOw, you have had a very busy summer!! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun tho! Good work on the peaches and pickles! Spencer is getting so big! He's a cutie!!
Post a Comment