Wednesday, July 1, 2009
We did it!
I go walking several times a week with a few friends and in the Spring time Amber and I decided that we wanted to walk a half marathon. There were a couple things that triggered the idea:
1. Biggest Loser: we were so impressed by the fact that the people on the show could do a marathon. If they can do a marathon we could definitely walk a half marathon.
2. Brooks: Brooks is running a crazy amount of miles each week and every month he does a half marathon.
We didn't want to register with a real race so we just set a time on a Saturday morning and made sure the guys could watch the kids. We got going and about mile 3 we wondered what we had got ourselves into, but we finished 13.1 miles. It felt so good to finish. We were very sore by the end, but what do you expect when you go from 4 miles a day to 13 in one shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am entirely impressed!! I couldn't walk a half marathon!
Did you seriously WALK a half marathon? No running at all, just straight walking? Way to go girl!!
Wow...that's awesome! I've never walked that far before. It definitely gets different muscles than running that's for sure. Way to go and way to go to Brooks! That's impressive!
Way to go! Now that is something I might consider. I have no doubt I could eventually walk some place....but run?!?!?!? I just haven't figured that out. Call me, next time I will join you....I wish!
Post a Comment