Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I'd have to say that one of the things I miss most about Utah are the mountains. Last week I went up to girls camp for a few days. They took their hike up by the lake just a little bit up from our campsite. We hiked up the road and around the bend and this is what we found.
It looked just like the Unitas. It was beautiful. I miss the beauty of the mountains. Don't get me wrong there are several things here that I love that you would never see in Utah, but I still miss the mountains. As we continued the hike we came across the area where the tornado hit last year. We were camping in Little Sioux which is the camp where a couple scouts were killed last year because of the tornado. They've cleaned up a lot of the rubbish, but the whole side of this hill was taken out pretty much. As for the rest of camp, it was sooo fun! I loved it! Partly becuase I was excited to be camping and partly because it was girls camp! It was quite a different experience from the girls camp I am used to - no camps songs :( - but it was still just as much fun and I wish I could have been there the whole time.

No comments: