Thursday, April 30, 2009

Graduation!!

We just got back from a fabulous trip to Utah. It was a very packed week, but loads of fun. Spencer and I flew out early. After spending four long hours in the Denver airport we made it to Salt Lake. To start out the week I visited an old roommate and got a great new hair do. It was great to catch up and fun to have something new! I went from this . . . To this . . .!!! I love it!Spencer and I spent Tuesday evening watching Brooklynn and Emily play soccer. They were awesome. It's fun to watch 4-6 year olds play soccer. After we went to Amber's basketball game. It's Alta's Spring fling and the other team didn't show or something so it was Alta vs. Alta, but Amber's team still won!
Wednesday we spent the day out in Tabby with Dad. It was so good to be out there. It was a gorgeous day and Spencer was in heaven to be outside all day. Except that anything he touched went straight into his mouth. We got out of the car and I set him on the ground to help Dad move something. I turned around and he had a rock in his mouth. This happened the whole day: rocks, grass, dirt clods and anything he could get his hands on - hence the dirt ring around his mouth, he got a dirt clod in his mouth and before I could get to him it had turned to mud - Yuck! He loved the horses and had no fear of Brown Bear. It was so cute. Dad's pond is looking really good. I can't wait to go out in the summer and swim in it!Wednesday night we I picked Brooks up from the airport. Ben was a great sport to come along and keep me company. He's a pretty smart kid and I found out he's going to run for President someday! It was good to be with Brooks again. I got sick during the night with the flu Amber brought home from school on Monday. I stayed in bed all day and cheered mom on as she got ready for the BBQ that night. Brooks took Spencer down to Provo to hang out with G-pa, Grandma Kay and Kaitlin. That night we had a BBQ with everyone. It was good to have everyone together. All the grand kids were there - it was quite an event to get them all in a picture with everyone smile. Friday was the big day. We had fun at breakfast with the Burrups - MmmMmm gotta love that french toast at Kneaders! We spent time with family and catching up with old friends the rest of the day. Graduation was great - thanks to everyone for their help with Spencer. It was a fun, but very long! Saturday was a very busy day as well. We started off the day in Bountiful at Grandma Olson's funeral. It was sad to see her go, but I am happy for her. It's what everyone hopes will happen - you get to go soon after your spouse. Brooks sang "I walked today where Jesus walked" and did a great job. I also got to meet some of the family I've never met so that was fun to finally have a face with names. After the funeral we went to the wedding breakfast for Morgan and Angela Dennis. It was fun to catch up with friends and people Brooks hasn't seen for a long time. We even found Pearl's future husband! Sorry no names! She still has quite a few years till she's available so we'll keep that on the down low until then! :) We also attended their reception that night and caught up with all kinds of friends and family and Sunday Heather and Scott blessed Austin because almost everyone was in town. It was sad to say good bye to everyone once again, but we are already planning our next trip back and can't wait!

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Cute cut! I'm getting mine cut tomorrow, a similar style. :) Looks like you had a great time in Utah, I'm glad to see it finally stopped snowing there!

Kristine said...

so fun! I'm sad we missed you, we'll have to get together next time. I remember taking Jayden to Chris' graduation. He was just about the same age as Spencer. He's growing up so much. It's so weird to think you have such a little man. So cute! Looks like you had a fun week! Oh and I LOVE the hair. So cute!

Anne said...

It sounds like a GREAT (other than the being sick part) trip and a very packed one! I love the new hair cut!!! Very cute!! I hope that you get a chance to recover from your vacation!!

Morty said...

Looks like you styled the haircut absolutely adorably!