Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend

Well it's nothing like our big Easter egg hunt at Mom's, but we still had a great Easter weekend. Brooks didn't have work on Friday so we got an early start to the weekend. We enjoyed the warm beautiful weather at the lake near our house. Our apartment complex put on an Easter egg hunt Saturday morning. It was more fun for us to see some of our neighbors than it was for Spencer hunting eggs. He didn't even like the Easter Bunny. I set him down and he was ready to get off! He enjoyed petting every one's dog more than anything. Later that day we had another Easter egg hunt with some friends in our ward. Brooks and Chris did a great job hiding the eggs, there were some pretty tough ones! We had a picnic and a fun game of baseball.
Sunday was a cold day so we spent most of the day inside. Brooks has been wanting a lemon meringue pie for a while so I thought Easter was the perfect time for that. After I got done I realized that I have never made a pie before. It tasted great even though the meringue separated from the filling. There was definitely room for improvement, but I already got tips from Mom and Grandma Riska as to how to fix my problem next time!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Cute pictures! I love your apron!!!! It reminds me of one of mine! Glad you had a good weekend and the pie looks GREAT!

The Parenting University said...

Fun! Next year he will enjoy the hunt more! Congrats on making a pie, too bad we weren't there to share it with you. See you next week!