Here's what I looked like just hours before going into labor. I was feeling big, uncomfortable, and a little sick to my stomach. I should have seen it coming! Here are the three Turnbow girls who are expecting this year. Melissa is due the first of May and Cindy the first of August.
About six hours after that picture this is where we were!
We had dropped the kids off at Grandma Turnbow's because we had a scheduled induction the next morning. But as we got in bed that night my water broke. We got to the hospital just after 11 pm and she was born at 3:15 am on February 26.
Once I had the epidural things slowed down. I think both Brooks and I were in and out of sleep for a while. Once the doctor showed up to the hospital they gave me pitocin to get things moving. Once he was in the room she was born within ten minutes. Quick, easy and painless (as much as a delivery can be!)
Harper Nicolene Tingey
8lbs 2 oz
20 inches
Jordan Valley Medical Center
3:15 am 2/26/16
After an hour or so they moved me to my recovery room. Once settled in there the nurse came to check me and I kept hemorrhaging. She called the doctor several times and tried many different drugs, but I kept losing blood. By the end of the ordeal I was completely out of it and there were a million nurses in my room. From the moment we walked in the hospital and were assigned a room every person who came in our room and saw my nurse said that she was the best nurse and we were so lucky. She was supposed to have taken me to my recovery room, checked on me and gone back to delivery. I feel strongly that had we showed up at a different time and been assigned to a different nurse things could have gone a lot different with the whole situation, we feel very blessed to have the nurse we did because she took such great care of us and handle an emergency with ease!
They checked my blood levels several times during my stay at the hospital and my hemoglobin levels were at a 7 - under the transfusion threshold. But since I was able to move around without light headedness and was feeling a little better they decided to wait it out before going through with a transfusion.
Harper's middle name comes from her Grandma Nicolene Turnbow
Meeting her siblings:
Benson and Lilly came to visit that night. Spencer had a fever so he couldn't come see her. Benson just loved her and Lilly was very curious about everything in the hospital. They both loved the endless snack room that had ice cream and cookies!
Benson and Lilly came to visit that night. Spencer had a fever so he couldn't come see her. Benson just loved her and Lilly was very curious about everything in the hospital. They both loved the endless snack room that had ice cream and cookies!









No comments:
Post a Comment