Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First attempt at using a spoon -

It's actually his second attempt using a spoon, but the results were quite similar. Spencer is getting to the point where he likes foods he can put in his mouth himself. It's hard to give him all the nutrients he needs in finger foods so I tried giving him a spoon to 'do it himself'. Let's just say about a fourth of the food actually made it in his mouth, but he had an enjoyable time. I grabbed my camera to capture the moment and got a few shots. Then Brooks told him to smile for the camera. Spencer turned to me and put on this big smile. I took a few pictures and each time Brooks would tell Spencer to smile he'd put on a big grin. (Who would have known these were staged smiles?)
After a few pictures and some laughs we put the camera away. Spencer stuck out his hand wanting more. We pulled the camera back out and shots some more pictures of his beautiful smile. When we starting telling him to "Say Cheese!" he laughed and laughed. It was so funny!
So sorry for a bunch of the same picture, but just imagine what was happening with each one!

1 comment:

The Parenting University said...

I think I've learned to put the girls in the highchair is just a diaper at this stage. They have so much fun but their clothes are soiled completely! He is growing so fast and is as cute as ever!