Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mt. Lemmon

We drove/hiked around Mt. Lemmon this weekend! It was beautiful and it almost felt like home instead of the desert. We ventured out without Brooks this time because he was stuck at school taking a final and writing a paper. I don't think I completely thought through how this would go before heading up there.
We got up there and I put Benson in a pack on my back and we headed up the trail. At our first water stop Benson was ready to get out and go on his own. So I took him off and held his hands as he 'climbed' the trail. Spencer struggled here and there, but we made it up a ways. We stopped for a snack and decided it was probably time to head back. With one boy in each hand we slid/climbed back down the trail! Benson just laughed the whole way down. With his big, deep chuckle he thought it was the best thing ever!! Boys and nature were made for each other. This is where little boys belong!!!
Here's Benson's second attempt at shoes - hence the sitting down, he'd given up trying to walk over rocks and sticks with his shoes so he decided to stay put!

No comments: