Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Big Two!

We just celebrated Spencer's second birthday! He couldn't figure out what we kept talking about until he woke up the morning of and saw balloons and presents. He was so excited all day to open his presents - he had lots of practice with that on our trip. He helped me make his birthday cake, and was even more excited to blow out the candles. We recently helped a friend celebrate his birthday and Spencer was very intrigued with the blowing out of the candles part. He got a practice blow and the real thing! He loves call his presents - I do have to say that his favorite one was probably the bottle of candy Great Grandma Riska sent him!
This was my first attempt at decorating a cake with fondant. It was fun, I just wish it (fondant) tasted as good as it looks!
Spencer has been preparing for this life event for several weeks. It probably came on with the stress of the move, but he definitely had been acting more grown up - like a two year old! :) We love him to pieces!

3 comments:

The Parenting University said...

Love the cake! You did a great job. And I don't know what you are talking about - I love to eat the fondant - marshmallows and sugar!

Angie said...

I am also very impressed with the cake! Good work. I will hire you for Madison's cakes.

Amber said...

the big 2!!!! happy birthday spencer!! he is sure looking grown up into a little boy!! Hope philadelphia is treating you well!!