Tuesday, October 28, 2008
That takes talent!
So I spent a day at my mom's last week and I was making a couple of baby blankets. She recently got a new sewing machine and I realized that the pedal was very sensitive. Any touch to the pedal made it the sewing machine take off. I was almost done with both blankets and don't ask me how I did it, but I sewed my finger. I broke the needle when I jerked my hand away, and sure enough when I squeezed my finger there were two pricks - one on top of my finger (barely missing my fingernail) and one on the bottom. Everyone asked me how I got my finger under the needle, honestly, I have no clue. All I can think of is that I went to straighten the material and my foot barely touched the pedal and wabang! I don't remember who (one of my sisters or maybe my mom) said "Wow, that takes talent!" So I may not be the best seamstress ever, but I've got talent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I did that the day of prom back in the day. Not so fun, but now we can be called talented it appears.
LOL! Well not that you got hurt, but that you've got talent. Jennifer or Aubrey did that growing up too. It seriously makes no sense to me how you can manage to get your finger under there, but way to have talent!!!
I sewed aubreys finger when we were little. I was running the pedal and she reached in. Oophs. HOpe your fingers ok. that's got to be a little tender
Yikes. I hope you're okay. I have done that before, too, but it was not too serious--I think I just barely got the edge of my finger. I don't really remember it. Actually, my home ec teacher in high school did that one time, too. Guess it happens. :) Hope your finger is okay.
Post a Comment